What's new / Release Notes
- This is a maintenance release
- Due to changes in the meta-model, models of PCM 3.0 will not run in this release!
- Introduced SubSystems in the meta-model
- Support of Eclipse Ganymede (3.4) and Galileo (3.5)
- Improved stability
The drop is password-protected, but feel free to contact us if you are interested in it. To install a drop, simply unzip it. Please don't use the built-in ZIP functionality of Windows OS - it is known to cause problems with Eclipse ZIP files. Instead, try 7zip or alternatives.
We provide an example workspace for the PCM 3.1, which containts three different project examples. You can immediately start to analyse these three software models when using the example workspace.
- Getting started with the workspace
- Details on the example workspace
- Download the example workspace (ZIP, 850 KB) this example workspace is included in the drop.
Installation through update site
The 3.1 release of the PCM tool suite is based on Eclipse 3.4 SR2 (Ganymede). Execute the following steps to get started with the PCM tools:
- Install Java SE JDK 6
- Install Eclipse Modeling Tools 3.4 Download: official Eclipse download site - Eclipse Modeling Tools (includes Incubating components) (313 MB) alternatively use Eclipse 3.4 Ganymede including openArchitectureWare 4.3).
- Unzip to a folder of your choice
- Start Eclipse, let it create a workspace folder.
- Select Help -> Software Updates
- Select tab "Available Software"
- Click right-hand button "Add Site..."
- In the popup, enter URL "http://sdqweb.ipd.uka.de/eclipse/revisions/2009-07-15_PCM_stable_3.1/" (PCM 3.1 stable build update site)
- Click OK
- The same way: Add http://www.openarchitectureware.org/updatesite/milestone/
- Click "Manage Sites..."
- Tick the Ganymede releases site.
- Make sure the PCM and the openarchitectureware update sites are ticked.
- Click OK
- Back in the "Available Software" tab, tick the following packages:
- http://download.eclipse.org/releases/ganymede > Enabling Features > Equinox Bundles
- http://www.openarchitectureware.org/updatesite/milestone/ > Uncategorized > openArchitectureWare core feature
- http://www.openarchitectureware.org/updatesite/milestone/ > Uncategorized > openArchitectureWare core plugins feature
- http://www.openarchitectureware.org/updatesite/milestone/ > Uncategorized > openArchitectureWare Stdlib feature
- http://sdqweb.ipd.uka.de/eclipse/revisions/2009-07-15_PCM_stable_3.1/ > 'Palladio Component Model Feature' and 'Palladio Component Model Diagramming Feature'
- Click "Install..."
- Click "Next", agree to the licenses, click "Finish".
- The necessary packages should now be downloaded and installed automatically on your system.
- Restart Eclipse when prompted