PCM 3.2/Example Workspace
Attention: This page will be updated for the final release of PCM 3.2.
The PCM 3.2 release comes with a workspace constaining two examples:
- Media Store: Modelled after the iTunes Store
- Minimum Example: Minimal instance of a PCM model
Getting started with the example workspace
The PCM 3.2 release drop comes with an example workspace including three example projects. The ZIP file contains the PCM Bench application itself (folder PCM_3.2) and the workspace folder containing the workspace. Ideally, extract both folders to the same directory (please use 7zip for this). The example workspace is prepared for the folders being extracted to C:\.
- Start the eclipse.exe placed in PCM_3.2
- Select the workspace folder as your workspace.
Media Store Example
The MediaStore example is a model application built after the iTunes Store. Users can download a number of files from a web-accessible server application. The server application is split into a front web GUI component, the core business logic, a watermarking component, and a database access layer (see the following image).
- When starting Eclipse, you find a project folder named MediaStore in you eclipse. It contains the MediaStore example.
- To start a first performance prediction run, select Run > Open Run Config... from the menu.
- In the Run Dialog, you find an entry SimuBench > mediastore.
- Make sure that all paths are set correctly. According to the image at the right hand side, the paths should point to the workspace location on your machine.
- Press Run to start a simulation run.
- Now, switch to the SimuBench perspectice and browse simulation results in the Experiments View
The minimum example represents a simplistic model instance of the PCM. It only contains the essential elements of a valid PCM model instance. It is well-suited for starting a own model.