Palladio Component Model tool version 5.0. Palladio-Bench release (release date 08.02.2021).
What's new / Release Notes
- Updated Eclipse environment to 2020-12 and added support for recent Java versions
- Simulizar is now the new default simulation engine
- Deprecation of Simucom (will be removed in future, users can still install it manually at least until the next release)
- Simulation support for network latency, network bandwidth, nested subsystems
- Missing monitor repositories are generated automatically
- Usability improvements
- Inline editing of stochastic expressions in graphical editors
- Graphical editing of interface inheritance for operational interfaces
- Improved initialization of new projects with examples
- Changed scope of ready to use product
- Experiment automation included
- Powerful tree editors included
- Reliability solver included
- Simucom removed
- Fixed model validation for subsystem allocation and delegation connectors
- see the complete list of addressed bugs and issues in our issue tracker
Limitations / Known Issues
- SimuLizar does not support network completions yet (SIMULIZAR-118)
- The IConfigurator extensions to SimuLizar are not processed.
- As fas as we can see, this is only used by the architectural templates catalogue to register runtime reconfiguration transformations
- If you depend on these reconfigurations please set the reconfiguration folder in the launch configuration manually
Please note, starting with version 4.2 Palladio-Bench requires at least JDK 11 or higher in order to run.
Palladio Bench 5.0 Product Builds (Recommended)
Eclipse 2020-12 based All-In-One products to run Palladio and its core features out of the box are provided under Palladio Bench download site. Just download the appropriate Zip file for your system and extract and run it like you would run a normal Eclipse installation. In case you need additional Palladio features you can use the preconfigured "Install new software..." dialog with the Palladio Bench Update site selected.
If you are running recent versions of MacOS, you might experience a message saying that Palladio is broken. Most probably, this traces back to a security feature prohibiting the execution of non-signed, downloaded software. Please try to run
xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine Eclipse.app to fix this issue.
Please don't use the built-in ZIP functionality of Windows OS - it is known to cause problems with Eclipse ZIP files. Instead, try 7zip or alternatives.
Release Update Site
You can easily install the Palladio Bench in an existing Eclipse 2020-12 Modelling edition. The Palladio tooling is available at a central eclipse update site containing all known Palladio Core and Addon features. Direct your "Install new software" dialog at the Palladio Simulator update site. Then select any combination of Palladio Core, Addon or Support features.
Palladio comes with a Palladio Project Wizard providing templates for models to start with. Use "New Project -> Palladio Project (Sirius)" enter a project name and pick one of the provided example template projects.