Palladio Component Model tool version 5.1. Palladio-Bench release (release date 26.01.2022).
What's new / Release Notes
- Updated Eclipse environment to 2021-12
- Introducing a 'Palladio Modeling' category in the 'New' wizard
- Removed GMF editors from product and aggregated update site
- Increased stochastic expression usability
- Providing enhanced code completions in StoEx edit dialogs
- Fixing issue with opening VariableCharacterisations in external editors
- Removing ANTLR-based StoEx parser, serializer, and custom pretty printers
- Several other small fixes and usability improvements,
- see the complete list of addressed bugs and issues in our issue tracker
Limitations / Known Issues
Please note, starting with version 4.2 Palladio-Bench requires at least JDK 11 or higher in order to run.
Palladio Bench 5.1 Product Builds (Recommended)
Eclipse 2021-12 based All-In-One products to run Palladio and its core features out of the box are provided under Palladio Bench download site. Just download the appropriate Zip file for your system and extract and run it like you would run a normal Eclipse installation. In case you need additional Palladio features you can use the preconfigured "Install new software..." dialog with the Palladio Bench Update site selected.
If you are running recent versions of MacOS, you might experience a message saying that Palladio is broken. Most probably, this traces back to a security feature prohibiting the execution of non-signed, downloaded software. Please try to run
xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine Eclipse.app to fix this issue.
Please don't use the built-in ZIP functionality of Windows OS - it is known to cause problems with Eclipse ZIP files. Instead, try 7zip or alternatives.
Release Update Site
You can easily install the Palladio Bench in an existing Eclipse 2021-12 Modelling edition. The Palladio tooling is available at a central eclipse update site containing all known Palladio Core and Addon features. Direct your "Install new software" dialog at the Palladio Simulator update site. Then select any combination of Palladio Core, Addon or Support features.
Palladio comes with a Palladio Project Wizard providing templates for models to start with. Use "New Project -> Palladio Project (Sirius)" enter a project name and pick one of the provided example template projects.