PCM Development/Palladio Release Process
- All projects are ready to be released
- If meta model has been changed, increment version in namespace URI and update version in all projects
- All bundle and feature versions have been updated to the new version
- Common approach: set all versions of released artifacts to new release version
- Forked version of tycho versions plugin together with
ignoreVersionMismatchparameter can be used for this
- The version information in the PCM UI bundle has been updated
- Version in splash screen
- Version in about text of PalladioProduct extension
- All manual test cases for the projects to be released have been successfully executed
- No open issues for version to be released
- All nightly builds of bundles to be released work
- All examples have been migrated to work with nightly branch
- Ensure that the release update site aggregation file is up to date by regenerating it with the ant script located besides the aggregation file
- Perform a release for every project to be released
Create Marketplace Entry
- Create a new wiki page for the release (adhere to the structure of existing wiki pages)
- Create a section for the release on the PCM Installation page
- Update the redirect from the PCM stable page to the new release page
- Add the release to PCM Releases
- Update release version number on Palladio Component Model in section 'Installation -> Download Palladio-Bench Release XY'
Update Palladio Website
Updating Palladio website content shall be done via typo3 webinterface
- Open https://www.palladio-simulator.com/typo3/ and login with your ATIS credentials
- Edit the following content sections
- Update header image with latest version number
- Update version and links in section Tools - Download
- Create a new release news entry visible in section Menu -> AboutPalladio -> Drop-down menu 'News'
- Tab 'General'
- Select in the left-hand menu WEB -> 'News Administration'
- Select in the SDQ-Typo3 Tree view -> News storage => the News administration details view is displayed
- Click the button 'Create new news record' on top of page of the displayed details view => a form to create the 'News' entry is displayed
- Fill out the form with all required information
- Tab 'Media'
- Pre-requiste: the icon is uploaded to left-hand menu Filelist -> News -> <new release folder>
- Upload news icon in section Media file
- Set Image Metadata: Check 'Show in view, specify Title, Alternative Text and Description
- Tab 'Categories'
- Check 'Palladio News'
- Click button 'Save' to publish new news entry
- Tab 'General'
- Create mail to palladio mailing list
- Create tweet announcing new release